Thursday, September 8, 2011

What Did We Get Ourselves Into?

Last year, Craig and I stumbled into the opportunity to "pilot" a classroom full of MacBooks for a year.  I teach Grade 7 Mathematics and Craig teaches Grade 7 Social Studies and after a pinky swear over a cup of coffee one morning, we decided to jump into this together.  At the beginning of this school year, I suddenly realized that I was actually terrified, "but in a good way", as I put it.  It suddenly dawned on me that while this would be an exciting year, it would also be a year full of uncertainty as we tried to juggle our curriculum, working with our colleagues, having great ideas fail...and the list went on.

The other day, Craig came up with the idea to blog about our experience.  Not only as a way to journal our  "adventure", but also as a way to share with one another and our larger school community.  Plus, he also promised that we would be internet sensations within a month - we have 30 days left to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment