Friday, September 9, 2011

Getting Started


I don't know about the "pinky swear" part Chris mentioned and I would have called it a "pinky promise" as this blog is destined become a public document as our notoriety grows, but the rest is pretty much how I remember it too. A healthy sense of fear mixed with a big dose of excitement.

Being at least a decade older and not blessed with Chris' mental dexterity, I certainly had more reason to be nervous. The first thing I had to do was to be honest with myself -- in most cases the students will know more about and certainly be less intimidated by the technology we are using than I. However, this fact doesn't need to be intimidating. I have other things to bring to the table!

As J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "Not all who wander are lost!" I hope that is true in our case. Let the journey begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment